WASHINGTON – The “Overpasses for Obama’s Impeachment” movement is suddenly sweeping the nation.
Garth Kant, WND News | 8-21-2013
‘Energy is crazy high’ as groups explode in all 50 states
WND first reported on the booming movement in July, and now the group claims it has mushroomed to 40,000 members across America to become “the largest grassroots movement in the nation” in the few weeks since it was launched in June.
The group’s national website has links to Facebook pages of groups in all 50 states, plus Washington, D.C.
And it is on those Facebook pages that organizers recruit and inform, while fellow members share their experiences and bond, as the group’s Internet-age version of grassroots democracy takes root and flourishes in cyberspace and on the streets.
Visit WND’s online Impeachment Store to see all the products related to ousting Obama.
The clout of “Overpasses for Obama’s Impeachment” is growing so fast, Press Secretary Jennifer Hitt told WND, “We would like to get to the point we can help fund a 2016 candidate. The movement started with the main Facebook page, grew to the state Facebook pages, and now we are trying to get most people to register on our state forums on the website, Overpasses.org.”
Hitt said the buzz isn’t limited to one area: “It’s nationwide. The energy is crazy high.”
That energy crackles in comments on the Alabama site, which boasts 1,005 members.
- “Members, what a wonderful problem I have!! I am so excited to announce we have an influx of new members from all over the state. In order to keep everyone in their area, I have created pages for each area group. Please join the group closest to you.
- “Me (pictured) at the Hwy 280 Birmingham Rally. Met some wonderful people whom are now friends! Many cars honked for us, a few middle-finger salutes, but, we will continue until we drop!”
- “Guys [please] go to the Jasper Daily Mountain Eagle page and like it. They’re attempting to reach 10,000 likes by the end of the month. They did an excellent article for our movement, and I’ve gotten a fantastic response. Let’s return the kindness. Thx!”
- “Tina has stepped up to lead and organize Dothan and surrounding areas. Tina came to the Birmingham rally and was very excited. She drove from Dothan to Birmingham to attend then drove home alone in horrible weather. Now Tina wants to lead her area. Please comment below if you live in Dothan and surrounding areas and can attend rallies or help Tina. UNITED WE STAND.”
- “[K]idding around with the Memphis local boys and girls in blue as they frequently check in on our safety! She hugged me before they left and the rest just shook my hand! Way to go, Blue!”
- “Excellent write up in Daily Mountain Eagle this morning on Jasper protest. Started on front page and continued on another page. Lonnie, I was especially proud of your comments. Excellent!”
- “My husband and I have been so frustrated for the past 5 years and felt so helpless to really do anything. Thank God somebody finally got the guts to really stand up. We cannot be nice and expect results. If we ever needed something to give ourselves to, this is it. We can be strong and make America strong again by demanding that the people be heard and not just heard, but action taken to stop this train wreck. We will not be intimidated by their bullying and socialist agenda; it’s now or never people. Thank you, Ann. I know you are a true patriot.”
There’s even advice on how to make a quick do-it-yourself sign.
“Signs are here: https://www.box.com/impeachobamasigns. Just copy to a flash drive and take to Staples or other print store. A 2′ x 3′ is only $3.25.”
Members of Congress may think impeaching Obama is an impossible dream, but sentiment to oust the president appears to be rapidly gaining momentum across the nation.
As WND reported, just a little more than a week ago, Rep. Blake Farenthold, R-Texas, said he believes there are enough votes in the House to impeach President Obama, but he fears such an effort would be futile because of the Democratic Party’s grip on the Senate.
However, the mood of the country may be shifting after a relentless parade of Obama administration scandals, a number of severe setbacks to the president’s signature health care law that is now more unpopular than ever, an economy still refusing to recover after five years and a foreign policy that has a good portion of the Middle East either in turmoil or at war.
That mood could be evidenced in the great interest in, and huge advance sales for, WND’s latest book, “Impeachable Offenses: The Case for Removing Barack Obama from Office.”
Buzzfeed Politics declared, “It’s not just overpasses anymore,” and the “book ushers in the Obama Impeachment movement.”
“Impeachable Offenses,” to be published by WND Books on Aug. 27, has already gone into its third printing, co-author Aaron Klein said, “due to unexpected demand from bookstores.”
“Clearly a large segment of the population is concerned Obama has overstepped his executive authority and has used his office to circumvent Congress to change, ignore, or at times perhaps invent de facto law,” he added.
WND Books CEO Joseph Fara told Buzzfeed, “We knew this was going to be a popular book. What we didn’t realize is that retailers would recognize it in advance and place large orders before the public weighed in.”
The impeachment passion has been evident in growing numbers on the streets of America in recent weeks.
“Overpasses to Impeach Obama” has gone from local protests to nationwide events. The first “National Patriot Wave” was held Aug. 6, with rallies in more than 300 American cities and towns. “National Patriot Wave II” on Aug. 17 had planned for rallies in all 50 states.
Hitt said, “We refer to our national rallies as the Patriot Wave because it starts early on the east coast and spreads west (like a wave).”
She said up until then, cities held their own local rallies.
James Neighbors started the movement in Oklahoma after seeing footage of police shut down an anti-Obama overpass rally in San Diego.
In addition to the national website and the state Facebook pages, the group also has a national Twitter account @OverpassesUSA.
“I am also encouraging every member to give their info to two or three other people to make sure we can all keep in touch,” said Hitt, concerned what would happen should their social media accounts close for some reason.
There have been a few challenges already.
“We had a couple incidents in Missouri and California. The police showed up and arrested some of our patriots. You can watch the videos on YouTube and decide for yourself if it was legit,” noted Hitt.
To Read More, CLICK HERE
Categories: Government & Politics, US News
"If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14 God's call to the world! Are you ready?