CNN calls out Obama in healthcare lie
At a White House press conference Friday afternoon, President Obama said that health insurance plans offered under Obamacare will be “significantly cheaper” than plans currently on the market, but a string of recent reports say that isn’t true.
“What happens on October 1, in 53 days, is for the remaining 15 percent of the population that doesn’t have health insurance, they’re going to be able to go on a website or call up a call center and sign up for affordable, quality health insurance at a significantly cheaper rate than what they can get right now on the individual market,” Obama said on Friday.
Soul Deceiver. The world thinks he is their savior, but he is luring their souls on a one-way ticket to hell. If you like action, suspense, and mystery, check out Lyn Leahz’s Best Seller, Soul Deceiver, BOOK ONE in the fast-paced Eternal Soul Series. Recommended by international best-selling authors, Walid Shoebat & Joel Richardson .. It’s a page turner! CLICK BOOK PHOTO to find out more!
But, as CNN reported this week, rates will be 35 percent higher in Florida and 41 percent higher in Ohio on average under Obamacare.
The president’s health care law is also projected to drive up health care costs for many people currently on employer-provided plans.
The Associated Press reported yesterday that insurance companies “have already warned small business customers that premiums could rise 20 percent or more in 2014 under the Affordable Care Act,” and some companies may respond by not paying for insurance coverage for their employees’ family members. source – Weekly Standard
Categories: Government & Politics, Science & Medical News, US News
Serious question from a reader here, and please forgive my ignorance. Coming from Australia, where individuals must either have private health insurance or experience a tax surcharge (this is income-tested so low income earners are not penalised), I look at the pros and cons of “Obamacare” and can’t for the life of me work out why it’s such a bad thing. It provides healthcare to about 32 million Americans who currently can’t afford it. It supports the poor at the expense of the wealthy. It’s a first step to defusing the demographic healthcare time-bomb that could sink the country in decades to come. I understand it’s an extra government expenditure, but I ask, seriously, what else do we pay our governments for? As a Christian and as a person currently living under a scheme that is similar to Obamacare in nature, I just don’t see the issue. So can you point me to some information about what Obamacare is so adamantly opposed by conservative Christians in the US? How can this be justified? I seriously want to know.
Obamacare is a disaster waiting to happen. The current free enterprise system of healthcare in the US needs some help for sure, but Obamacare is not the answer.
Why do we as Believers and many who are not Believers appose this?
1. Where is the money to pay for this supposed to come from? The US is already debt ridden there is no money to pay for national health
care. Social Security is still underfunded massively because the US gov. took that money and never put it back…this should be fixed
2. EVERY program operated by the US gov. either fails, or is very cost ineffective. Not to mention the special interest groups always get
their dirty little fingers in it and make things worse for all of us.
3. Many countries have national or near national health care systems. Its not all good, many have long waits to see a doctor.
4. Taxes would need to go up…again. And if Congress in their wisdom decide to spend “healthcare” money on something else, like they did
Social Security, there is not much we can do about it.
5. If Obamacare is so great, then why does the President and our Congress have their own healthcare plan?
6. If people think there is a lot of fraud in the US healthcare system today (there is) wait until the US gov. gets their hands on the
reigns, it will get worse. The US has to be almost famous for the financial atrocities that happen in programs administered by the
US gov. Suppliers to the US military come to mind here.
7. How about all that will be forced down our throats like it or not? Funding for abortions, married couple status for homosexuals, less
control over own healthcare choices, an imbedded chip…that is not far off.
8. As to articles, they are all over the net about this. 🙂
God bless you