Posted: November 19, 2012
Jerusalem, Israel) – On Sunday, several of my Joshua Fund colleagues and I arrived in Jerusalem where I did a Fox News interview on the Gaza crisis and Israel At War. I also had the honor of preaching at a wonderful church congregation in Jerusalem.
No rockets or missiles were fired at Jerusalem today, but the war here continues unabated. Here are the latest developments:
- On Sunday, 114 rockets were fired at Israel from Gaza, including 50 rockets that were intercepted by the Iron Dome system.
- The Iranian-backed terrorists in Gaza fired three missiles at Tel Aviv, all of which were shot down by Iron Dome.
- Nine Israelis were injured during rocket attacks today.
- Enormous numbers of Israeli combat soldiers and their tanks and equipment continue to amass on the Gaza border, awaiting orders for a ground invasion.
- Hamas is now threatening to unleash a wave of suicide bomber into the interior of Israel.
- Schools remain closed throughout southern Israel, as are most businesses.
- Meanwhile, let us not forget the terrible bloodshed underway in Syria. Today, at least 78 people were killed there. All told, more than 37,000 people have been slaughtered in Syria amidst that nation’s gruesome civil war. (CNN)
Under pressure from Egypt, Hamas is calling for a truce. Israel confirmed that it sent a diplomatic team to Cairo to discuss a possible cease fire. Yet no terms have been agreed to. However, cease fire demands from both sides are beginning to emerge in the local media.
What Hamas wants:
- Israel must completely lift the blockade on Gaza.
- Israel must stop its incursions into the Gaza Strip.
- Israel must stop targeted killings of faction leaders in Gaza.
- Israel must stop attacking Gaza fishermen and firing at them.
What Israel wants:
The ceasefire must last for over 15 years.
Weapons must no longer be let into Gaza.
Hamas and the factions must stop shooting missiles and targeting Israeli forces on the border.
Israel may conduct a “hot” pursuit into the Gaza Strip if it has information on an imminent attack.
The removal of the blockade will be done from the Egyptian side, not the Israeli.
President Morsi is the personal guarantor for the agreement, and not Egyptian security forces.—————————* New e-book – Israel At War: Inside The Nuclear Showdown With Iran — now available on Kindle, Nook, other formats (includes sneak preview of material from forthcoming Damascus Countdown novel)* Please prayerfully consider helping The Joshua Fund care for the poor and needy in Israel, teach the Word of God in the epicenter, educate and mobilize Christians around the world to bless poor and needy Israelis, train pastors and ministry leaders in Egypt, strengthen the believers in Syria, and assist with those being affected by this new war in southern Israel — would you make a generous, tax deductible financial contribution to The Joshua Fund